As a hotelier, you know that creating an unforgettable wedding experience is key to attracting couples planning their big day. But with so many hotels vying for business, how can you set your hotel apart from the competition? By implementing a creative wedding marketing strategy, that's how! Here are some innovative strategies that will help bring in more business and make your hotel the first choice for couples looking to tie the knot.
So you're knuckling down the tactics to implement your best hotel marketing strategy to get those crucial direct bookings, but one thing you're lacking in is the perfect plan to make sure your hotel is the ideal destination for couples to tie the knot. The wedding industry is an ever-expanding business, worth billions worldwide, in the UK the direct spend on weddings is around £14.7bn. Simply put, there is a wealth of money that goes into weddings, from the smallest of details to the most extravagant - there are no limits for many people in how much they will pay to make sure their special day is unforgettable.
One of the most pivotal elements of a wedding is the venue, every couple wants a venue that aligns with their vision, something that compliments their personality and style and one that will provide a great spot for their friends and family to celebrate their big day. As a hotel, you may offer an ideal location for wedding parties, with space for guests to stay, rooms and gardens for them to enjoy the ceremony with the staff to cater for it. If you aren't taking advantage of these opportunities in your marketing strategy it's time to start now, but remember, the wedding industry is competitive - everyone wants to be the best of the best, how can your hotel stand out from the crowd?
What should you be thinking about when it comes to your creative wedding marketing strategy?
At FLOCC, we are always reiterating the importance of knowing your audience, this stands for any marketing strategy, not just hotels. It is the foundation of your strategy and enables you to make the best decisions for your customer base. A general idea of your target audience would be newly-engaged couples who are excited at the prospect of starting a new life together. For many, it signifies the beginning of their lives as a family, as they make a vow to love each other through sickness and in health. As the venue, your role is to provide an experience, one that is perfect for those who are getting married. Not every couple will be the same, but if you can outline the primary needs and interests of your audience, you'll be making the first step toward creating the best wedding marketing strategy.
How can your hotel accommodate a wedding? Let's not forget that every hotel is different, in size, in design and in location. You need to have a strong understanding of your hotel's best features and how you can market them to your audience. If you have a large, extravagant ballroom you should market this to couples who are after a wedding with lots of guests, with room for dancing and tables. Your hotel may be quaint, with picturesque gardens where couples can celebrate in the summer months surrounded by flowers, fairy lights and canopies. If you want your wedding marketing strategy to stand out from the competition, you need to utilise what makes your hotel special - couples are more likely to choose a venue that is marketed using its strengths than one that is too focused on keeping up with the crowd.
You need to convince your audience that your hotel is the best venue for them. How can you do this? There are typically a few main points that many consider when deciding on the perfect venue, and your hotel will need to cater to these. Firstly, they need somewhere that can set the stage for their special day, you need to be able to show them that you are the ideal place for them to do so. Secondly, you need to provide an experience that is within their budget, knowing your target audience is key in this - if your hotel is high-end you know that you're more likely to attract people who are willing to spend more on their big day. Lastly, people want a place that will cater to their needs, somewhere they can dine and that their guests (and the newlyweds themselves) can stay.
How can you optimise your website as a wedding venue?
- Utilise the visual elements of your content - couples want to visualise their special day, photos and videos of weddings taking place at your venue will help showcase your hotel and what it has to offer. Use high-quality, colourful images and videos that will catch the eye of your potential customers and convince them that your hotel is the right venue for them.
- Create a specific wedding landing page - a landing page is an essential tool for marketers and business owners alike who are looking to boost conversions. A single page that points directly to a CTA (call-to-action) will help increase your chances of couples booking their wedding directly with you.
- Advertise specific offers for wedding parties - this could include cheaper packages for mid-week weddings or discounts on food, drinks or your on-site spa for those who book directly with you. If people can get more for their buck, they're highly likely to be persuaded to book with you.
- Incorporate reviews from guests - According to a report by WeddingWire, around 80% of couples find reviews to be 'very important' in their decision-making process when it comes to choosing a venue. In this generation, reviews can make or break a business, so it's important to make sure you're profiting from positive reviews that will draw in more bookings.
- Link to your social media channels - in this generation, social media is an outlet for many people and businesses to inspire, interact and advertise their products and services. Make sure you’re targeting these channels to get your venue noticed. For example, Pinterest is a platform where millions of people create mood boards and plan their weddings.
Creative wedding marketing strategies can be powerful in attracting couples to your hotel. If you want to make sure that yours is successful, think about these factors when creating your venue's strategy. With competition strong, having a quality wedding strategy for your hotel will help set you apart from the crowd. Originality is rare, if you can utilise this and market your venue to its strengths whilst incorporating your target audience's needs and desires it will lead to great results. Interested? Contact us here at FLOCC to see what we can do to help you with your wedding marketing strategy.